I just had a reminder on my calendar to register for Hyatt’s 90 day Platinum Trial for Visa Signature Card Holders. (If you have a Chase Sapphire Preferred or Freedom Card for example, you probably have a Visa Signature Card. It will say on the logo.)
Tomorrow is the last day to do it. It last 90 days, and after your eighth stay, you continue to get Platinum Status. I signed up for the Platinum Trial even though I expect to have Platinum soon anyway.
The credit card already gets you:
- 2 Award Nights at Sign-up
- 1 Award Night Every Year on your anniversary (in level 1-4)
- Permanent Platinum Status (as long as you keep the Card
- And all the usuals with a branded card, such as bonus points on Hyatt spend
- $75 statement credit (the annual fee of the card) after first purchase
When you apply to the card as a platinum, you get two confirmed suite upgrades on a paid stay. So you cannot upgrade the award nights, but you can upgrade regularly booked reservations.
So that’s why I had a reminder on my calendar–I am planning on applying for the Chase Hyatt Credit Card soon, and I wanted to lock in that Platinum status. If you are on the fence, still sign up for the trial. There isn’t anything to lose by doing it.
…and to show you how serious I am about this: