Amazon is having a Labor Day sale on a couple of its devices. They are doing $30 off the Amazon Tap and $5 off the Fire Stick.
(from the Amazon product description)
- Just tap and ask for music from Prime Music, Spotify, Pandora, iHeartRadio, and TuneIn
- Uses the Alexa Voice Service when connected to Wi-Fi or a mobile hotspot to play music, read the news, provide weather reports, and even order a pizza
- Streams all your music via Bluetooth from your phone or tablet
- Delivers crisp sound powered by Dolby, with dual stereo speakers that provide 360º omni-directional audio
- Provides up to 9 hours of playback
- Always getting smarter and adding new features and skills
- Includes Charging Cradle
The Amazon Tap is currently $99. Amazon is allowing people to purchase it in $20 monthly payments, without taking out a line of credit. (It will just charge your card every month).
This makes it even more tempting for me, since I’ve been avoiding large purchases thanks to the $100 a week challenge I’ve been doing. I love the sound of the Alexa/Echo, but it isn’t the most portable product.
- Fire TV Stick connects to your TV’s HDMI port. It’s an easy way to enjoy over 4,000 channels, apps, and games including access to over 250,000 TV episodes and movies on Netflix, Amazon Video, HBO NOW, Hulu, and more.
- Cutting the cord? Watch the best of live TV on NBC News, NBA, and Sling TV, which includes ESPN, CNN, HGTV, AMC, A&E, Cartoon Network, and more.
- 4x the storage and 2x the memory of Chromecast plus a dual-core processor and 1 GB of memory
- No more buffering, ASAP learns what Amazon Video movies and shows you like so they start instantly
- Never miss out. Bring Fire TV Stick with you to watch your favorites away from home, even in hotels and dorm rooms.
- Amazon Prime members get unlimited access to Amazon Video, including original programming like Transparent, plus over 1 million songs with Prime Music. Add-on a subscription to Showtime, STARZ, and more to watch TV episodes, movies, and sports, without cable.
The Fire TV Stick is $35 right now. The interesting part of the Fire TV Stick is its portability when you are traveling.
If you are on the fence about this deal, it seems like Amazon has been putting these items on sale semi-frequently lately, so there will probably be another opportunity. The sale goes on through Saturday, September 10th.
Disclaimer: If you purchase anything through my Amazon link, I may receive affiliate credit for it. As always, I appreciate your support!