Amazon’s offer to get $15 credit for trying its photo app has been extended by a month. If you didn’t take advantage of the offer in July, you can now check out Amazon’s photo app in August and receive a $15 code.
Even though the instructions say to turn auto-upload on, I did that for a split second and then paused it. I still got my $15 credit even without uploaded all my photos. And technically, as I point out in the post, the T&Cs say you only need to upload at least one photo. (So those who worry about privacy–don’t upload all your photos and delete the app after you use the promo code).
The credit applies to Prime customers who are using the app for the first time and go through a link advertising the $15 credit.
The credit isn’t a straight-up gift card and can only be used during a single purchase of $25 or more. But if you use Amazon for basically everything like I do, that shouldn’t be a problem.
Here are the instructions for receiving the promotion:
- Download and sign in to the free Amazon Photos app.
- Upload your photos. Turn on Auto-Save to automatically back up your photos and free up space on your phone.
- Turn on Auto-Save to back up your photos automatically
- Claim your reward. Within 14 days you will receive an email with your $15 Amazon credit.
It doesn’t appear that you *must* turn auto-save on in order to receive the promotion. The terms and conditions say it is for new customers who “upload a photo for the first time”.
The offer expires
July 31, 2019 August 31, 2019
And here are the terms and conditions, taken from the website:
Eligible Amazon Prime customers who upload a photo for the first time to the Amazon Photos app are eligible for a $15 promotional code.
• This is a limited time offer.
• Offer expires at 11:59 p.m. (PT) July 31, 2019.
• Offer only applies to Amazon Prime customers who upload at least one photo through the Amazon Photos app for the first time.
• To be eligible, customers must receive this offer directly from Amazon through the Amazon website or email.
• Customers who were forwarded this offer from parties other than Amazon may not be eligible for this offer.
• You will receive an e-mail from Amazon within 14 days that indicates the dollar amount of the promotional code. The e-mail will also provide instructions on how to redeem the promotional code.
• Promotional code expires at 11:59 p.m. (PT)
August 31, 2019 September 31, 2019
• Offer only applies to an order over $25 of products sold by Amazon.com (look for “sold by Amazon.com” on product detail page). Products sold by third-party sellers or other Amazon entities will not qualify for this offer, even if “fulfilled by Amazon.com” or “Prime Eligible.”
• Offer does not apply to digital content or Amazon Gift Cards.
• Offer is non-transferable and may not be resold.
• Offer may not be combined with other offers.
• Offer limited to one per customer and account. The maximum benefit you may receive from this offer is $15.
• This offer is available to Prime members only.
• Items must be purchased in a single order and shipped at the same speed to a single address.
• Shipping charges and taxes may apply to discounted and free promotional items.
• Offer discount will be allocated proportionally among all promotional items in your order.
• If any of the products or content related to this offer are returned, your refund will equal the amount you paid for the product or content, subject to Amazon’s refund policies.
• Offer good while supplies last.
• Amazon reserves the right to modify or cancel the offer at any time.
• If you violate any of these terms, the offer will be invalid.
Please note, if you buy anything from my Amazon links, I get referral credit. Since this is free, I get bubkis. Bubkis!