This is one post in a series on visiting Paris:
1. Surprising Someone With a Trip to Paris
2. The Newark Lufthansa Senator Lounge
3. Lufthansa Business Class from EWR-FRA
4. The Hilton Frankfurt Airport
5. Roaming Frankfurt Wild
6. The Radisson Blu Le Metropolitan Hotel, Paris Eiffel
7. The Park Hyatt Paris Vendôme
8. Dining in Paris: Boco
9. Dining in Paris: Café Kléber
10. The Lufthansa Senators Lounge in Frankfurt
11. Lufthansa Business Class from FRA-JFK
12. Intra-Europe Business Class on Lufthansa
I hopped back from Frankfurt to New York to JFK instead of going back to Newark. But everything was the same.
Since we were flying in the opposite direction, the menu changed.
My mother and I both ordered the prawns with an avocado sauce along with a salad. I didn’t eat my salad, as per usual. (Bad Jeanne. BAD Jeanne. No dessert for yo… oh wait, I still got dessert.)
We definitely diverged from each other on the entrees.
I got the beef tenderloin with beef cheek and polenta, which was good but a tad bit too salty for me. My caveat is I tend not to eat too much salt.
My mother got the vegetarian stuffed zucchini and enjoyed it.
When the dessert cart came around, I really couldn’t resist.
I opted for a Passion Fruit Flan. It was sweet and tasty.
My mom opted for the cheese plate for dessert.
As the flight got closer to JFK, they came around with a snack option. It ended up being a Thai Stew.
As I ate a few bites, it became really clear this dish was way too spicy for me. And my mom seemed to have the same reaction. I love thai food, but I fail at being able to effectively eat really spicy food. We each had a few tasty bites, then had to give up because our mouths were on fire! Please note: Keri has seen mild wings defeat me.
I can’t claim we were hungry though. We ate so much in the lounge, even for the length of the flight, we were good. We were I-had-three-pretzels-good.