As per my friend, Sam, (THANKS SAM!) and this Lifehacker article, JetBlue has released a board game that comes with a free round-trip ticket on JetBlue.
UPDATE: It is sold out right now but will be back in stock December 18th at 3pm ET. DO NOT BUY FROM THIRD-PARTY SELLERS (unless you really want the game) who are selling the game minus the grand-prize.
I think it went up late. I tried for five minutes and figured it sold out in between my refreshes. But the message did eventually change to let me know the next time it would be live–which leads me to believe I didn’t try long enough.
This game is being released five-minutes from now and is extremely limited edition.
I would be surprised if it doesn’t sell out immediately.
From the description:
- Available December 12th at 12PM EST for only $19.99
- The only board game that rewards the winner with a certificate for an actual JetBlue flight!
- Break up tense holiday moments with a fun board game that comes with 30,000-foot-high stakes.
- 3–6 players, perfect for close families who could use some distance.
- Includes 6 Packing Boards, 60 Packing Cards, 48 Wild Cards, 1 die, 1 rule book and 1 certificate for a JetBlue flight.
If you need me, I’ll be over here, continuously refreshing the page.
The game already has a few negative reviews from people expressing fear that there might be blackout dates for these tickets–which is totally possible–but come on guys. The tickets come with a board game. Or rather, the board game comes with tickets. So it is not as if JetBlue is literally just asking you to pay $20 for a ticket (and only a ticket).
Basically, the ticket is a prize that you should award to whomever wins the game–but that part is optional (and only works once!)