It’s been an odd news day in the travel world.
Here are some highlights:
- A young boy snuck into the airport, past security, and onto a Las Vegas-bound plane–all without a ticket.
- (Of course, the TSA is already contemplating changes because of this. Their concern was making sure the public knows they checked to make sure he wasn’t a threat to the aircraft he boarded. Yes, that was all of our first thought. Not, “How does a nine-year old get on a plane?!”)
- An airplane advertising McDonald’s collides with a Pickup Truck. Yes, a pickup truck. (This reminds me of when a truck hit my plane!)
- An American Airlines plane had to make an emergency landing at O’Hare Airport after colliding with a whole flock of birds.
- Japan Airlines breaks up with longtime partner Boeing, sending its future business to Airbus.