Retrieving a lost receipt
Business travel involves a lot of paper and receipts, so a lost receipt could mean trouble. I personally love using Expensify to snap photos of my receipts on the go. I basically come home to a completed expense report!
But even with all this organization, I tend to have a lost receipt every now and then. Getting restaurant receipts can be difficult sometimes, but usually they can retrieve them.
For car rentals, hotels, and airlines, it is much easier. Here’s a guide of where to go to retrieve your receipts.
- Advantage (This is an email address to contact)
- National (This one doesn’t look like a receipt request at first but it is)
- Thifty doesn’t have a receipt retrieval system that I could find. But here is their Contact Us form.
- Club Carlson – I doubt Club Carlson’s main brand can help, but it’s worth a try. I’d try contacting where you actually stayed.
- Hilton – If you have an account, it will be in there. All I can find online is the customer care email otherwise: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hyatt Brands – And if you are a member, you can access the folios in the past stays section.
- Marriot – And if you sign up for their eFolios, you can access them automatically.
- Starwood Brand (Westin, Sheraton, W, etc.) – The only way I know for them is to email your name and dates of stay to: email@example.com
- American Airlines
- Delta – Less than 24 hours ago, you can do it in My Trips. A bit complicated for flights longer than 24 hours ago: Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following information when requesting ticket copies or baggage receipts. Passenger name Ticket number (13-digit document number beginning with 006) *For ticket copy requests only there is a $20.00 fee per ticket number, please include full credit card number, expiration date, and card holder name.
- Southwest – You can only retrieve receipts online if you have an account but a phone number is there to call if you don’t.
- Spirit – I can only find instructions for people with accounts.
- US Airways
Hope this helps with your lost receipt!