JetBlue just opened its own 196-room boutique hotel in the Orlando area. Wait, JetBlue?
According to USA Today’s Ben Mutzabaugh, JetBlue opened this hotel specifically for its crew members. And its amenities ain’t bad.
Among the hotel’s perks:
– A 24-hour, 2,000-square-foot gym and fitness facility
– Walking track and bicycles for use on local roads
– Outdoor fire pit seating area
– Basketball half-court, soccer practice field, fields for kickball and softball
– Saltwater pool
– Complimentary guest laundry facilities
– On-site restaurant and bar
The facility will be mostly used for new crew members in training, and its layout is intended to mimic the feeling of an airport and evoke the feeling of JetBlue’s brand.
While I can’t say I’d want to feel like I’m sleeping in an airport, the facility does look pretty nice.